Would you like to know how excited I was about getting this award? I was so excited that when I tried to title this post, I accidentally called it a “blooger” award. I’m not sure what a blooger is, but something tells me it’s like a blogger, just a lot more awkward…and probably hopped up on sugar. ^.^
Here are the rules for the Creative Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post the link of said blog.
- Share five facts about yourself to your readers.
- Nominate 15 to 20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media or blogs. (NOTE: I decided to only nominate 4. I follow about 35 blogs total and only wanted to nominate those that I thought truly fit the award, rather than working to come up with 15 names to meet the total.)
I was nominated by the lovely Sara from the aptly named Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog. We met through Paper Fury’s Beautiful Books linkup series. Sara loves books and tea, so clearly she’s awesome. You should check her out!
As stated in the rules of the nomination, I must give you five facts about myself. So here we go!
- I have a Coca-Cola themed kitchen. It is my pride and joy. When the Mister and I got married, we asked for as many red kitchen things as we could find (mixers, toasters, spatulas, Tupperware, etc.) specifically for this purpose. We even have Coke bottle salt and pepper shakers. Be still, my little heart!
- I love Hayao Miyazaki movies. I received this award just after sharing a super happy Twitter post about adorable Totoro bento monsters, so that should be adequate proof that I’m a Miyazaki junky—so much so that I got most of his movies for my birthday last year. I even bought a handmade Totoro mug when I went to my very first Comic Con! I’m seriously torn as to which movie is my favorite. It’s a toss up between Kiki’s Delivery Service, Howl’s Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, and From Up on Poppy Hill.
- After more than 20 years of wondering why people watch Star Trek, I am now a die-hard Trekky. I tried watching Star Trek a couple times as a kid when flipping channels on TV, but I never saw the appeal. To me, Star Trek always seemed like a show about people standing in beige hallways talking in low, serious voices about strange things like “warp cores” and “Romulans.” As such, I never really got into it. After the Mister and I got married, he asked me to watch the first few Next Generation episodes with him just to give it a try. After watching them with him, it was like a switch got flipped in my head, and I went from being perfectly indifferent to unable to sleep all night after sad episodes because TOO MANY FEELINGS. As it turns out, Star Trek just isn’t one of those shows you can jump into in the middle (at least for me). The story lines are deep and the characters awesome, but it’s hard to pick up on that from just a few lines of dialogue. After two episodes, though, I was in love with the entire crew of the Enterprise. Worf is my all-time favorite, because grouchy characters are ALWAYS my favorite (Luke from Gilmore Girls, Calcifer from Howl’s Moving Castle, etc.).
- I hate making phone calls. And I don’t mean because I prefer texting. I hated phone calls LOOONG before the advent of texting. I feel so much pressure to communicate efficiently during a phone call, since I’m usually calling to convey or obtain information, rather than have a conversation. Since I don’t know how things will start (Will someone pick up right away? Will it be the person I need to talk to? Will it go to voicemail?), I need to plan for every possible contingency before I even pick up the phone, otherwise my mind blanks and I wind up being super awkward.
- I don’t like coffee. I TRIED to like it back when I first started high school because I love coffee shops. I love the smell and the fact that there are snacks and comfy places to sit. I love that it’s socially acceptable to sit there by myself and read without meeting with or talking to anyone (why this is considered weird in restaurants, I’ll never understand). But try as I might, I hated the coffee itself. Now whenever I go to coffee shops, I stick to my tea, Earl Grey, hot. 🙂
And the Awesome, Colorful Creative Blogger Award Goes to…
Here are my nominees!
- Bento Monsters. This is the lady whose awesome Totoro bentos I tweeted! You should visit her. Dooo it!
- Stori Tori’s Blog. She blogs solid writing advice, tea reviews, and all kinds of goodness. I’m hooked on her Adagio fandom tea reviews.
- Food Adventures (in fiction!). If you love it here, you’ll love it there. Diana makes awesome recipes based on all kinds of pop culture goodness. I’m currently drooling over her Weasley Fudge recipe.
- Carrots for Michaelmas. This is a Catholic lifestyle blog, but don’t feel like you can’t follow Carrots if you’re not Catholic. It has plenty of bloggy gems that apply to everyone. Like Haley’s posts on DIY bubble tea and cats-in-space leggings. Plus, her kids are freaking adorable. 🙂