You knew it was coming. How could a Three Musketeers menu end without a 3 Musketeers bar? Luckily, this recipe (which I originally found here) is super easy to make. There’s a little bit of wait time involved while the filling chills, but the active preparation time is only 5-10 minutes…and there are only two ingredients! When I first tested the recipe, I was a little nervous that it was all too good to be true, but the finished candy bars DEFINITELY taste like the 3 Musketeers bars you buy in the store. 🙂
3 Musketeers Copycat Candy Bar
“Did you inquire the names of those three Musketeers?”
“What are their names?”
“Messieurs Athos, Porthos, and Aramis.”
“Still my three brave fellows!” murmured the cardinal.
— The Three Musketeers
- 20 oz chocolate candy melts, separated
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
Makes 7 full size candy bars or 14 mini bars
- Line a standard loaf pan with tinfoil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour 8 oz of candy melts into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl and heat according to package instructions, stirring until smooth.
- Scoop the marshmallow creme into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir the melted chocolate into the marshmallow creme until it is fully incorporated and the coloring is even. Scrape the marshmallow mix into the loaf pan, using a spatula to flatten it into an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the marshmallow mix from the pan by lifting out the tinfoil. Keeping the tinfoil in place, cut the mix width-wise on a cutting board into 7 candy bar sized rectangles. Place the bars back in the pan by lifting the edges of the tinfoil. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Place a silicone mat on a baking sheet. When the bars are ready, melt 12 oz chocolate candy melts in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl according to package instructions. Stir until smooth.
- One at a time, lower the bars into the chocolate. Completely coat them with chocolate using a spatula, and lift them out with an offset spatula. Place them in a row on the silicone mat. If you want, you can use the spatula to make a swirl across the top of each candy bar (make sure to do this quickly, though, or the coating will have already started to harden).
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the coating has set.
- Serve to your best friends after a classic adventure. 🙂